Beginners 2.5hr Wheel Class | Sat September 3rd | 10am-12.30pm
Enjoy learning ceramics on the wheel at the Takeawei studio in Torquay.
During the 2.5 hour class you will receive an overview of wheel throwing from clay preparation, centering clay, through to making basic shapes and glazing. After the 2.5 hours you will feel awesome about your new pottery skills. Students can expect to create between one and five pieces – we like to keep it zen and remember it’s not about the quantity of pieces, it’s always about having fun :)
After the class, we will bisque and clear glaze your pieces and they will be ready to collect from the studio in 4-6 weeks.
Address: 55B Ashmore Road, Torquay 3228 VIC
Cost: $160 (includes all materials and firing)
Instructor: Anabelle Stonehouse of Takeawei
What will I learn?
- Clay preparation for the wheel
- Techniques for centering clay
- Throwing basic forms on the wheel
- Discuss finishing and glazing
What is included?
- Approx. 2 hours of wheel time
- All materials included
- 8 students, learn through demos and group tuition
- Outcomes vary for each student but most make 1-4 pieces to take home
- we will provide soap and hand sanitizer for your use
What should I bring?
- BRING A MASK, we cannot ensure you will always keep 1.5m from other students so you will need to wear a mask if restrictions require one indoors.
- Wear comfortable clothes you don't mind getting clay on
- An apron/ smock or large over-shirt is a good idea
- Bring an old towel
Please choose your course carefully. Due to limited class sizes once you've booked and paid we can only issue a refund if the workshop is cancelled or if your health may put others at risk. Do not come to class if you have any cold or flu symptoms. If you are unable to attend for any reason, you may send a friend in your place. There are strictly no credits issued for classes missed by a student unless there is a medical reason. Your purchase is acceptance of these terms.
Class sold out or have any questions?
Email the studio firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to a waiting list and we'll also answer any queries :)