2 Day Clay Wheel + Handbuilding
Sometimes one day just isn’t enough to satisfy your clay addiction!
Join us for a two day clay intensive that explores wheel throwing, trimming, attaching handles/ feet and creating surface texture on day two.
Suitable for beginners to intermediate. Take your pieces to the next level and enjoy the process of working with clay over time.
2x sessions. Each session is 2hours.
Choose from our wide range of beautiful studio glazes to colour customise your creations. Your pieces and they will be ready to collect from the studio in 4-6 weeks.
Time: We run weekend and evening classes, please choose a time/ date from available classes in the drop down menu
Address: 55B Ashmore Road, Torquay 3228 VIC
Cost: $280 (includes all materials and firing)
Instructor: Anabelle Stonehouse
What will I learn?
- Clay preparation for the wheel
- Techniques for centering clay
- Throwing basic forms on the wheel
- Attaching handles and feet
- Discuss and plan glazing
What is included?
- Approx. 2 hours of wheel time, 2 hours handbuilding
- All materials included
- 8 students, learn through demos and group tuition
- Outcomes vary for each student but most will make 4+ well considered and executed pieces to take home
What should I bring?
- Wear comfortable clothes you don't mind getting clay on.
- An apron/ smock or large over-shirt is a good idea.
- Bring an old towel to have on your lap and to wipe your hands on.
Please choose your course carefully. Due to limited class sizes once you've booked and paid we can only issue a refund if the workshop is cancelled or if your health may put others at risk. Do not come to class if you have any cold or flu symptoms. If you are unable to attend for any reason, you may send a friend in your place. There are strictly no credits issued for classes missed by a student unless there is a medical reason. Your purchase is acceptance of these terms.
Class sold out or have any questions?
Email the studio firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to a waiting list and we'll also answer any queries :)