6 Week Wheel Evening Course | 6pm-8.30pm | Takeawei Studio Torquay with Peta Armstrong
Enjoy developing your ceramics practice with this 6 week wheel course.
All skill levels are welcome! The focus is on developing your personal practice in a fun, social setting. I will give demos appropriate to each group and individual tuition throughout the course.
You will receive an overview of wheel throwing from clay preparation, centering clay, through to making basic various shapes. You will also glaze your pieces in the final class using our wonderful rainbow of studio glazes!
Wednesday 24th, 31st July and 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th August
Time: Evenings 6-8.30pm
Address: 55B Ashmore Road, Torquay 3228 VIC
Cost: $570 (includes all materials and firing)
Instructor: Peta Armstrong
What will I learn?
- Techniques for centering clay
- Throwing interesting and more complex forms on the wheel
- Finishing and glazing your work
What is included?
- 2.5 hours of wheel time per class for six weeks
- All materials including clay, dipping/ pouring glazes and firing of your pieces
- 8 students, learn through demos and one on one tuition
- Receive your own set of pottery tools to keep
What should I bring?
- Wear comfortable clothes you don't mind getting clay on
- An apron/ smock or large over-shirt is a good idea
- Bring an old towel
Refunds & Cancellations
Please choose your course carefully. Due to the limited class size once you've booked and paid we can only issue a refund if the six week course is cancelled.
Also please note, there are no make-up classes available. All courses sell out so there are no extra wheels for students to join other class times.
If you can’t make the full 6 weeks, you can send a friend in your place. There are strictly no refunds.
Your purchase is acceptance of these terms.
Class sold out or have any questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to a waiting list and we'll also answer any queries :)