SOLD OUT | 6 Week Wheel Course | Sunday 4-6.30pm | Starts August 20th
6 Week Wheel Course | Takeawei Studio Torquay
Enjoy developing your ceramics practice with this 6 week wheel course
All skill levels are welcome! The focus is on developing your personal practice in a fun, social setting. I will give demos appropriate to each group and individual tuition throughout the course.
Are you looking for a pottery wheel course to get your skills to the next level, a new student exploring ceramics for the first time or a more advanced potter seeking a studio space to develop their practice? Takeawei studio offers a relaxed space to explore your personal style and increase your skills at any level. Courses will be ongoing so you have the option to do one 6 week course... or more. Current students are given preference and the option to re-book before the next course is listed online.
Dates: Sundays for 6 weeks August 20th-September 24th
August 20th, 27th, September 3rd, 10th, 17th, and 24th
Address: 55B Ashmore Road, Torquay 3228 VIC
Cost: $550 (*includes clay, glazes and firing)
Instructor: Chela Edmunds of Takeawei
What will I learn?
- Wheel technique and development
- Developing finishing, glazing and firing skills
- Tips for troubleshooting problems that arise
- Clay preparation, reclaiming and various studio practices
- Above all developing your skills
What is included?
- 6 x 2.5 hours of wheel time and access to all other studio equipment
- Materials including clay, various glazes and firing including 1x 12.5kg bag of clay, glazes, firing for up to 1 12.5kg bag of clay
- Your own shelf to store work and tools during the course, No lugging things back and forth.
- Learn through demos and one on one tuition with an emphasis on developing your individual practice and encouraging your personal style.
What should I bring?
- Wear comfortable clothes you don't mind getting clay on and closed toe shoes
- An apron/ smock or large over-shirt is a good idea
- Bring an old towel - you will really need this, It gets messy
- If you have tools bring them or you can purchase a kit at the studio for $20
Are there any extra costs?
I have tried to make it as straight forward as possible with no extra surprise costs, Yay for that right? 12.5kg of clay should be plenty to get you through the 6 weeks and all glazes and firing costs will be included for that bag of clay. You will also be shown how to reclaim your clay to use it again. If you do want to purchase different types of clay or more clay there is an option to do so. Firing for the extra clay will be charged at $1 per 100g before bisque and included both the bisque and glaze firing and glaze for that piece.
Refunds, Cancellations & Make-up Sessions
Please check you are available for the dates and choose carefully. Bookings will not be credited unless your place in the course can be filled by another student on a wait list. If filled by another student, you will receive a course credit. No refunds will be issued. You can send anyone in your place.
If you cannot make a session you can choose 1 x make-up session per course from future class dates on any day, provided there is a wheel available. You can also choose to come to a full class and use equipment other than the wheels. There are strictly no refunds issued for classes that cannot be attended by the student.
Your purchase is acceptance of these above terms.
Have questions? please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency Contact: Chela 0432647445