Beginners Wheel Class | Takeawei Studio Torquay
Enjoy learning ceramics on the wheel at the Takeawei studio in Torquay.
During the 2.5 hour class you will receive an overview of wheel throwing from clay preparation, centering clay, through to making basic shapes and glazing. After the 2.5 hours you will feel awesome about your new pottery skills. Students can expect to create between one and five pieces – we like to keep it zen and remember it’s not about the quantity of pieces, it’s always about having fun :)
After the class, Chela will clear glaze your pieces and they will be ready to collect from the studio in 4-6 weeks.
Sunday, February 24th
Address: 55B Ashmore Road, Torquay 3228 VIC
Cost: $160 (includes all materials and firing)
Instructor: Chela Edmunds of Takeawei
What will I learn?
- Clay preparation for the wheel
- Techniques for centering clay
- Throwing basic forms on the wheel
- Discuss finishing and glazing
What is included?
- Approx 2 hours of wheel time
- All materials included
- 8 students, learn through demos and group tuition
- Outcomes vary for each student but most make 1-4 pieces to take home
What should I bring?
- Wear comfortable clothes you don't mind getting clay on
- An apron/ smock or large over-shirt is a good idea
- Bring an old towel
Refunds & Cancellations
Please choose your course carefully. Due to limited class sizes once you've booked and paid we can only issue a refund if the workshop is cancelled. If you are unable to attend for any reason, you may send a friend in your place. There are strictly no credits issued for classes that cannot be attended by the student. Your purchase is acceptance of these terms.
Class sold out or have any questions? email email@example.com to be added to a waiting list and we'll also answer any queries :)