Printing on Clay Workshop with Cameron Fraser | Saturday July 1st | Torquay VIC
Printing on Clay Workshop with Cameron Fraser | Takeawei Studio Torquay
We are excited to present our first visiting artist workshop at the Takeawei studio. Renowned for his print making skills, artist Cameron Fraser now resides in Spain, so this is a very rare opportunity for us. Cameron will be sharing his knowledge of print making and showing us how to apply designs to one of his new loves, ceramics!
Suitable for beginners or more advanced students. This is a hands on workshop, make a plate or tiles and decorate using photocopies, oxides and printing mediums to apply prints to your ceramics.
Demonstrations by Cameron will be followed by application to your own pieces. Make your own slab built plates, or decorative tiles. Apply your own print (or one of the supplied designs) to your piece using print techniques that Cameron Fraser has perfected in his own practice. This is a technique that has so many possibilities to expand your practice by applying original images to your work. All pieces will be glazed and fired, suitable for use as functional tableware or wall tiles.
The work shop runs for 2.5 hours and has limited places. At the completion of the day your work will be dried, bisque fired and glazed for your collection in approximately 4 weeks, you will be notified by email when your pieces are ready for collection. We can also arrange postage of your piece on the day for $10 within Australia.
Date: Saturday July 1st
Address: 55B Ashmore Road, Torquay 3228 VIC
Cost: $150 (includes all materials and firing)
Instructor: Cameron Fraser
What will I learn?
- Printing on clay using photocopies, oxides and printing medium
- Techniques for slab building plates and tiles
- Discuss various techniques for applying prints to your work
- Discuss glaze finishing of work and suitability for end use
What is included?
- Make one plate or two tiles with your design applied and glaze fired
- All materials are included but you are encouraged to bring your own original photocopies or laser prints to be applied to the work.
What should I bring?
- We encourage you to bring your own designs - bring 2-3 photocopies or laser prints of your drawings, text or photographs to fit on a 20cm plate or tile - 10cm-15cm works well. Do not bring print outs from your home printer as these will not work.
- There will also be photocopies supplied to apply to your work if you would prefer to use those.
- Wear closed toe shoes and comfortable clothes you don't mind getting clay on
- An apron/ smock or large overshirt shirt is a good idea
- Bring an old towel
- If you have tools bring them or you can purchase at the studio for $20, they are not necessary but can be useful.
Refunds & Cancellations
Please choose carefully. Due to limited class sizes once you've booked and paid we can only issue a refund if the workshop is cancelled. If you are unable to attend for any reason you may send a friend in your place. There are strictly no credits issued for classes that cannot be attended by the student. Your purchase is acceptance of these terms.
Have questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org for answers