Platter Making Class
Make and decorate your own hand made platter with our new platter making class.
Make 1 x 27cm platter in this hand-building class that will be fired and glazed, ready to serve up a cheese platter.
We will guide you through the process of hand forming a slab into a platter from start to finish using templates, and decorative techniques. We provide all tools and materials and of course, show you some great tricks of the trade we have picked up over our many many years of platter making.
Great for those that want to learn take home skills to make their own platters, make gifts or just enjoy getting creative with a bunch of like minded clay lovers.
No previous experience necessary!
Time: This class goes for 2 hours, choose a session from the drop down menu
Address: 55B Ashmore Road, Torquay 3228 VIC
Instructors: Chela Edmunds and Anabelle Stonehouse of Takeawei
What will I learn?
- Working from a template and designing your own to create platters
- Using rolled slabs to make platters
- finishing techniques to help stop those pesky cracks
- take home skills to make your own platters at home.
- choosing a glaze for your pieces
What is included?
- All materials clay, glaze and firing costs
What should I bring?
- Wear comfortable clothes you don't mind getting clay on
- An apron/ smock or large over-shirt is a good idea
- Bring an old towel or tea towel
Please choose your course carefully. Due to limited class sizes once you've booked and paid we can only issue a refund if the workshop is cancelled or if your health may put others at risk. Do not come to class if you have any cold or flu symptoms. If you are unable to attend the whole course for any reason, you may send a friend in your place. There are strictly no credits issued for classes missed by a student unless there is a medical reason. Your purchase is acceptance of these terms.
Class sold out or have any questions?
Email email@example.com to be added to a waiting list and we'll also answer any queries :)